With the warm weather approaching, the Crestwood Police Department would like to remind citizens that there is a higher potential for vehicle burglary’s. With that in mind, here are a few tips to help prevent you from being the next the victim.
- Do not leave any property in plain sight.
- Remove valuable property from the vehicle; if you cannot remove the property, secure it in your trunk.
- Never leave any currency (i.e. cash or change) in the vehicle.
- Make sure all of your windows are rolled up.
- Make sure all keys are removed from the vehicle.
- MOST IMPORTANTLY, LOCK YOUR VEHICLE!